Health and Community Services Complaints CommissionerHealth and Community Services Complaints Commissioner The HCSCC helps people – service users, carers and service providers – resolve complaints about health and community services, when a direct approach to the service provider is either unreasonable, or has not succeeded.

Aboriginal Outreach Project: Ever felt like complaining?Ever felt like complaining? Between March - May 2009 HCSCC consulted Aboriginal people and workers in Aboriginal and mainstream health and community services, to hear directly from Aboriginal people about their experiences with health and community services. The project wanted to hear about their experience if they had wanted to complain or did complain about a health and community service in the past 5 years.

Information Sheet Unregistered practitioners - what to expect and what to do if you have concerns about an unregistered practitionerUnregistered practitioners - what to expect and what to do if you have concerns about an unregistered practitioner . Unregistered practitioners include massage therapists, acupuncturists, counsellors, naturopaths, herbalists.


On July 1 2010 a new national system for the regulation of health practitioners was introduced in South Australia. The national regulation will cover concerns you may have about the quality of care provided by a:
· Doctor 
· Nurse or Midwife
· Psychologist 
· Physiotherapist 
· Chiropractor
· Pharmacist 
· Dentist
· Podiatrist
· Osteopath
· Optometrist
· Or student practitioner 

If you have a complaint about the service you received from one of these types of health practitioners you should now contact the new Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency ( AHPRA )Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency ( AHPRA ). For example, the Medical Board of SA (or any other relevant SA  professional board) no longer exists and has been replaced by a national board such as the Medical Board of Australia; these boards will not receive complaints, so you should instead contact AHPRA. 

APHRA can be contacted by phoning 1300 419 495 or through their The AHPRA website allows you to make a complaint online and has a complaint form which can be downloaded for posting to the SA office of the agency: 
AHPRA South Australia, GPO Box 9958, Adelaide SA 5001 

South Australian consumers, carers  or family members can still complain about any health service provider directly to the SA Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner by phoning the enquiry service on 8226 8666  or toll free 1800 232 007 between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday, or going to the website

If the complaint relates to care by an individual health practitioner, the office will refer your complaint to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency. This remains unchanged.


Cancer Voices South Australia


Ph.  0431 691 956 


PO Box 588, Kensington Park SA 5068