Cancer Voices SA - get involved!
Cancer Voices South Australia is ‘raising a voice for those affected by cancer’ through advocacy, involvement, awareness and information.
Our focus is on wellness and not just illness.
Many of our members join to be part of an active exercise group such as cycling or walking and contribute through joining in those activities and lending an ear or telling their stories.
Cancer Voices SA has been actively involved in a range of projects and activities since its inception in 2007.
We aim to be representative, responsive and respectful of the diversity of our grassroot members background and experiences; we try hard to hear those views.
We welcome members to get involved, provide feedback and insights into issues of concern, attend our events and activities and participate as representatives on behalf of Cancer Voices SA
Our representatives have provided ongoing contributions to development of cancer pathways for care and are on a number of other state and national initiatives e.g.
- South Australian Cancer Clinical Network :: SA Health
- South Australian Cancer Research Collaborative
- the development of the National Framework for Consumer Involvement in Cancer Control
- Cancer Australia national Lung Cancer program Advisory Group
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare Cancer Data Monitoring Committee
- CareSearch Palliative Care Knowledge Network Advisory Group
- Psycho-Oncology/ Primary Care Collaborative Cancer Trials Group (PoCoG/PC4) Consumer Advisory Group.